L3 Leveraging Local Leaders
Training local leaders across NOCO to be the next wave of elected officials in county and city government.
Striving to elevate civil discourse and pragmatic solutions in local NOCO government.
Leadership | Civil Discourse | Solutions
L3 seamlessly integrates leadership development, action-based candidate training, and comprehensive policy education to create a prepared group of pragmatic leaders ready to run for office and encourage civil discourse to find solutions to northern Colorado’s greatest challenges.
Identify and recruit a diverse and promising group of leaders from northern Colorado, provide them expert training and mentorship, and educate them on the top public policy issues and prepare them to run for local office.
Goals of the Course
- Equip participants with the tools and skills to run strategic, effective, and winning campaigns, including how to govern once elected.
- Provide participants an in-depth understanding of the diverse business issues affecting northern Colorado and the industries that make up northern Colorado’s economy.
- Cultivate a collaborative environment that fosters new ideas and open-minded public policy discussions that can bridge the partisan divide in order to advance pro-business policies.
REMOVE BARRIERS TO ENTRY
Free childcare during training
BUILD A NETWORK
YOU JUST WON YOUR ELECTION! NOW WHAT?
L3 will be northern Colorado’s exclusive continuing education program designed for newly elected or appointed officials to assist in the transition from campaigning to governing.
Who Should Apply
- Willingness to work across the aisle to develop common-sense solutions to the region’s most pressing public policy issues.
- Evidence of life experience and leadership skills within their community as a volunteer and/or working professional.
- Commitment to creating and advancing pro-business policies that elevate the economic vitality of northern Colorado.
- Desire to acquire knowledge of a variety of industries and a willingness to learn about the issues critical to the region.
- Dedicated to meeting the time requirements of the program and ability to fully engage in the entirety of the program.
- Motivated to engage in vibrant and constructive discourse about issues important to the region’s future.
Inaugural class of 2021 deadlines:
- Applications open: October 1, 2022
- Applications close: December 1, 2022
- Interviews: Week of December 19, 2022
- Offers extended: January 3, 2023
- First class: January 21, 2023
Participant application process
- Complete online application or print and mail
- Provide two references
- Participate in an interview with L3 leadership committee
- Name/email/phone/home address
- Professional experience (upload a resume/cv)
- Summarize any political, government, community, non profit, and/or volunteer experience
- Motivation for exploring a run for office
- L3 is a nonpartisan candidate training program for pro-business advocates. What does pro-business mean to you?
- Describe your top public policy priority that affects the northern Colorado economy and why
- Provide two references
- Candidates may either submit a letter from a reference or request a referral form be sent to references provided
Tuition is $1,250 per person and includes program fees, course materials, and certificate of completion. Payment is due by Friday, December 2, 2022 for accepted applicants.
Both having been elected officials themselves, and falling on opposite sides of the aisle, they know the importance of training our elected officials on the issues that matter to the region before they get elected, not to mention the ability to promote civil and constructive discourse to be pragmatic leaders that seek solutions.